About Chlorophyllosophy

Who can use the images on this site?


The cut down images by Jennifer Deegan on this site are free for anyone to use. If you would like larger files for commercial purposes then please do get in touch.

If you would like to use any of the images by Malcolm B. Wilkins then please get in touch first to discuss this. 

Who am I?


The site is run by Jennifer Deegan. I was previously a plant scientist at the John Innes Centre, and the Universities of Glasgow and Cambridge. I also worked as a bioinformatician at the EMBL-European Bioinformatics Institute for 7 years.

I am now a stay-at-home Mum, and just dabbling in plant photography and writing. It turns out that after 17 years as an academic scientist, it just isn't possible to give it all up. So I am back to my first love of gametophyte photography and enjoying it very much. 

I am also learning to play the clarinet, which involves learning a lot about the wood and cane reeds that are involved in making the instrument work. Some of the pages on this website also show documents relating to clarinet playing.